PallaPalla was a member of the Amazoness Quartet, employed by the Dead Moon Circus. She was an acrobatic ball balancer in the Circus, and accordingly some of her Lemures were shaped like balls. She was the second oldest sister of the Quartet, but was childish and a crybaby, and often needed persuading in order to fulfill her missions. She always referred to herself in the grammatical third person, as small children often do. She used magic more often than her sisters; she was the one who created the Amazon Trio in the manga, and switched Usagi Tsukino and Chibiusa's ages in episode 158 of the anime.
In the manga, the members of the Amazoness Quartet were in truth the members of the Sailor Quartet, those intended to protect Sailor Chibi Moon in the future. Queen Nehellenia found the sleeping Senshi and awoke them, forcing them to become her minions. Sailor Saturn saved them when the Dead Moon Circus was destroyed, and asked Neo-Queen Serenity to revive them. With the power of the Silver Crystal, the Queen returned them to their Senshi forms, and they resumed their interrupted slumber until they were needed in the future.
Attacks and PowersEdit
As in the anime, PallaPalla used her Amazon Stone to perform various attacks and magical commands.
- Tama no Kouburi (玉の冠) - Called "Crown Ball" in fan translations and "Crown of Gems" in the official TokyoPop manga, this move was used to seal the area around the Dead Moon Circus. It was capable of preventing Chibiusa from using the Key of Space-Time.
- Tama Yobai (玉呼ばい) - Called "Summon Ball" in the fan translations and "Gem Action" in the TokyoPop manga, this command was used to summon Lemures.
- Tama no Koshi (玉の輿) - Called "Palanquin Ball" in the fan translations and "Gem Create" in the TokyoPop manga, this command transformed the Amazon Trio into human forms.
- Gyaku Tama (逆玉) - Called "Opposite Ball" in the fan translations and "Reverse Gem" in the TokyoPop manga, this command caused Usagi and Chibiusa to reverse physical ages.
- Tama Yura (玉響) - Called "Echo Ball" in the fan translations and unnamed in the TokyoPop manga, this was the command used to bespell the House of Mirrors, turning it into a trap for Rei.
- Tama Musubi (玉結び) - Called "End Ball" in the fan translations and "Gem Knot" in the TokyoPop manga, this command was used on a ring given to Makoto, enchanting it so that ropes of energy would emerge from the gem and wrap around the wearer of the ring.
- Tama Arare (玉あられ) - Called "Hailstone Ball" in the fan translations and "Gem Hail" in the TokyoPop manga, this attack rained boulders down on a target.
- Tama Natto (玉納豆) - Called "Natto Ball" in the fan translations and "Gem Gummy" in the TokyoPop manga, this attack trapped Super Sailor Chibi Moon and Sailor Saturn in a sticky substance (natto is a sticky and slimy Japanese food).
- Tama Sudare (玉すだれ) - Called "Rattan Ball" in the fan translations and "Gem Screen" in the TokyoPop manga, this command caused Sailor Chibi Moon and Sailor Saturn to see nightmares.
In the anime, the members of the Amazoness Quartet were residents of a jungle who awoke Queen Nehellenia as they were playing. As thanks for awakening her, Queen Nehellenia gave them the power to dream forever and always stay young, and gave them each an Amazon Stone to symbolize that power; PallaPalla had a blue Amazon Stone. When the four of them were eventually given the choice to either help the Sailor Senshi or stay young forever, they chose to destroy their Amazon Stones and become adults.
Attacks and PowersEdit
As was characteristic of all four members of the Amazoness Quartet, PallaPalla used her Amazon Stone to perform attacks and magical commands.
- Colliding Ball - This attack was used to remove a person's Dream Mirror.
- Tama Saka - This command was used to restore a distorted photo.
- Tama Yura (玉響) - This command was used to transform a doll house into a dentist office and cause cavities in children all over town.
- Reverse Ball - This command was used to make Usagi and Chibiusa switch ages.
- Controlling Ball - This command allowed PallaPalla to manipulate the Sailor Senshi like puppets.
- Rolling Ball - PallaPalla enlarged her Amazon Stone and rolled it at a target in an attempt to crush them.
- Creating Ball - This command was used to create a doll version of Sailor Chibi Moon.
- Binding Ball - This command was used to create a bridle for Pegasus.
PallaPalla's name comes from the asteroid Pallas, which is named for the Roman goddess Pallas Athena, the goddess of wisdom and civilization.
- In the anime, PallaPalla targeted groups of people, while the other members of the Amazoness Quartet usually focused only on one person at a time.