Sailor Saturn is the identity of 'Hotaru Tomoe'. She is known as the Senshi of death and Rebirth. She was the most feared Senshi of Outer Senshis, Sailor Uranus, Sailor Neptune, and Sailor Pluto due to possessing such destructive powers. I am the messenger from the depths of death. Carrier of the protection of the planet of ruin, Saturn. The soldier of silence. Sailor Saturn." This is Saturn's Phase.
As Mistress 9, Hotaru's only goal was to use the holy grail to summon Master Pharaoh 90 so that the world could be destroyed. Together Mistress 9 and the death busters summoned Master Pharaoh 90 to the earth causing a massive explosion. Sailor Uranus and Neptune arrived on the scene only in time to feel the explosion that could have killed them, but Sailor Pluto paused time, saving them. The other scouts also arrived. Jupiter, Mercury, Mars and Venus formed a Sailor Box which inclosed the spreading evil into a region of about a black. Sailor Moon was inside because Mistress 9 pulled her in to get the Holy Grail from her. The Demon Master left the body of professor Tomoe to fight the scouts. Eventually he was defeated and Professor Tomoe was freed from the evil that had encompassed him. Seeing his only daughter possessed by Mistress 9 he sought to save her, but it would not be so easy. Hotaru had to do it herself. Slowly some memories came back to Hotaru. She knew that she must overpower Mistress 9 to save the world. Hotaru fought a battle inside herself, using her memories to weaken Mistress 9. During this struggle the Sign of Saturn appeared transforming Hotaru into her Sailor form. Mistress9 was destroyed. Sailor Saturn transports to Mamoru's apartment where Chibi-Usa lies weak and sick, She returns the crystal to it's rightful owner and Chibi-Moon is restored.
Saturn returns to the scene of the battle and informs Sailor Moon that she is going to undo the evil that Mistress9 and Master Pharaoh 90 brought into the world.....she was going to Silence it. Sailor Moon begged Saturn not to go alone and even tried to follow her into the crater made by the explosion. Saturn held her Silence Glaive to Sailor Moon's head and said goodbye. Saturn dove into the crater to finish what she unintentionally started. Sailor Moon tried to follow her but was blasted back. Screaming and crying, she tried to transform into Super Sailor Moon, but to no avail, the holy grail was destroyed. All hope was lost..... Then out of nowhere Serena's heart crystal appeared magically transforming her into Super Sailor Moon. She jumped into the crater and instantly the world was restored, she returned holding a little baby in her arms.....Hotaru had died saving the world and was reborn.
- Saturn Crystal Power, Make Up - This transformation first appeared after her reawakening in the Dream arc of the manga.
- Death Reborn Revolution - An extremely powerful attack used against Pharaoh 90. (Note that it did not destroy the world; to destroy the world, Saturn swung down her glaive without words.)
- Silence Wall - Had the same function as the anime version of this attack.
- Silence Glaive Surprise - An attack that created a mist which stopped the Amazoness Quartet from attacking.
- Galactica Glaive Surprise - An evil version of Silence Glaive Suprise used when Saturn was under Sailor Galaxia's control.
- Sailor Saturn's first costume in the manga was identical to the anime version.
- After the "Super" upgrade, her costume was almost identical to the anime version, but the star on her choker had a purple gemstone in the center.
- After the last upgrade in the Stars arc, her choker was V-shaped and the center of her front bow was a lavender five-pointed star in her maroon front bow. Her shoulder pads were large lavender puffs with two patches of purple fabric attached to the bottom. Her gloves became longer, reaching to her upper arms. Her belt consisted of two ribbons, one purple and one lavender, with two long, thin back ribbons, clipped together by a golden five-pointed star. Her back bow was lavender. Her skirt became two-layered, the top layer being purple and the bottom lavender. Her boots were knee-high and white, and each had a purple V-shaped border with a golden five-pointed star at the top. Her tiara gem was a purple five-pointed star and her earrings were dangling, purple five-pointed stars.
AnimeEditIn the anime, Saturn was never shown transforming, but a couple of her attacks were shown.
- Silence Glaive Surprise - Sailor Saturn used this attack against Queen Nehellenia while trapped in her mirror world. The full power of this attack was not known, as Sailor Chibi Moon prevented Sailor Saturn from completing it.
- Silence Wall - A power that created a protective barrier against enemy attacks.
- Sailor Saturn's (S) dominant color was purple (choker, collar, elbow fittings of gloves, skirt, and boots), and her accent colors were white (tiara gem, earrings, front middle of choker, and centre of front bow) and maroon (front and back bows, which were a lighter shade of maroon than on Pluto's fuku). Her earrings were white ringed planets (obviously meant to resemble Saturn) with white diamonds dangling, her choker had a white six-pointed star, her collar had no stripes, her shoulder pads resembled flower petals, and the center of her front bow was a white crystal, similar in appearance to Pure Heart Crystals. Her gloves were elbow length with elbow fittings unique among the Senshi. Her boots were knee high and laced up in the front.
- After the "Super" upgrade in the Stars season, her earrings and boots remained the same, her glove fittings were identical to that of the other Senshi, her choker had a yellow star attached to it, her collar had one white stripe, and the center of her front bow was a violet heart. She had the regular shoulder pads with translucent parts, and the back waist bow was enlarged and lengthened.
- Sailor Saturn was the only one of the Sailor Senshi with no transformation sequence shown in the anime, the only one who did not appear in any of the Sailor Moon movies, specials, or opening sequences, and the only one who was never shown fighting a monster-of-the-day.
- Before Hotaru was Sailor Saturn she could do powers even without transforming (awaking) she could heal small injuries , and when a Daimon attacked her, she lashed out and dealt heavy damage.